Baked Potato Soup
- 8 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 12 oz can low fat evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- sliced green onions or chives, for garnish
- additional shredded cheese, for garnish
- additional bacon, for garnish
- Add a slight drizzle of olive oil or butter to a large pot. Add onions and cook 2-4 minutes. Add in diced bacon, diced potatoes and pour in chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a high simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Whisk cornstarch into evaporated milk until no lumps remain.
- Add mixture to pot along with the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer 5 minutes or so, until slightly thickened.
- Mash about half the potatoes with a potato masher, then serve with desired garnishes.
Leftovers can be stored in air tight container for 3-4 days!