Baked Southwest Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bag salad (side)
- Mix the garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the corn, black beans, green chiles, red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro and mix well.
- In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken breast flat in the baking dish. Sprinkle with seasonings, then spread the corn mixture evenly over it. Add cheese to top it off.
- Bake uncovered at 375˚F for 40 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160˚F. If the cheese starts to get too brown for your liking, loosely cover with foil for the remainder of the cook time.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe is great for leftover lunches!