Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing bowl and dough
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting work surface
- 1 cup slightly warm water
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook, pour the warm water in and sprinkle with yeast. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. * Do not use hot water or it will kill the yeast and your dough will not rise.
- Add the sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour and mix until a dough ball forms. You may want to transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand until a smooth ball comes together. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm area for about an hour. The dough should double in size.
- Cut the dough in half. Place both pieces on a floured work surface and gently knead. You can roll one piece out now into a 12-inch round.
- To freeze the second piece, wrap the dough in plastic and place it in a resealable freezer bag for up to 3 months.