Family-Friendly, Hannah Favorite
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shredded roasted chicken
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce
- 10 slices sour dough bread (use small pieces)
- 10 tsp light margarine
- 8 oz sharp cheddar, grated
- Slaw or bagged salad – side
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions until soft, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the shredded chicken, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire sauce and bbq sauce. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread light margarine on the slices of sour dough. Place butter side down in skillet or on a griddle and top with about 3/4 oz of grated cheddar, then 1/4 of the chicken mixture, then 3/4 oz of grated cheddar. Top with a slice of sour dough.
- Grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted then flip. Grill until second slice is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
For fewer calories, consider using less cheese or BBQ sauce!