Bell Pepper Meatloaf
1 lb lean ground beef
3 bell peppers (your choice of colors)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1.5 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
SIDES: Frozen steam bag of green beans, whole-grain dinner rolls
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Slice bell peppers into 1 -1.5″ thick slices and lay on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, remaining pieces of pepper chopped into small pieces, and Italian bread crumbs together until well-combined.
- Scoop meat mixture into peppers evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk ketchup and brown sugar together and brush on top of the meatloaves.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out of the oven and top with Monterey Jack cheese then place the baking sheet back in the oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. May top with parsley if desired.