Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 18 corn tortillas
- 3 ½ cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet yellow corn kernels, cooked
- 2 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 bag salad – side
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9×13 pan. Set aside.
- Spread about ½ cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Lay 6 tortillas on the bottom of the pan (overlapping is fine).
- Spread about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce onto the tortillas, fully coating them.
- Sprinkle half the beans, half the corn, and half of the bell pepper on top of the sauced tortillas and top with a third of the cheese.
- Repeat the layering process starting again with the tortillas, then add sauce, then the rest of the beans, bell pepper, corn, and another third of the cheese.
- Top this second layer with another 6 tortillas. Coat with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling, cheese is melted and the middle is cooked through.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
If you'd prefer meat, you can add a layer of diced or shredded chicken to this for extra protein!