Black Bean Taquitos
- 2 cup black beans, canned
- 2 tablespoon salsa
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 ounce cream cheese, low fat
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 ounces spinach, frozen
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 3/4 cup corn, frozen
- 4 ounce Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 low carb tortillas
- Salad mix – side
- Brown rice – side
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place 3/4 cup of the beans in a food processor with salsa, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, cream cheese and lime juice. Process until mostly smooth.
- Thaw and drain spinach. Dice bell peppers.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add spinach, bell pepper, corn, grated cheese, and the rest of the beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla. Roll up tightly; place on a greased baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crisp.
Chop spinach very finely for the kids!