Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 4 ½ hours
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
¾ cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
4 sweet potatoes
½ cup Light Ranch dressing
1 green onion
1 steamable bag of broccoli, or fresh broccoli – side
- Place crockpot liner in a pot or spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the slower cooker. Top with buffalo sauce, salt, and garlic powder. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the chicken is done, wash sweet potatoes and poke holes in them to vent. Microwave for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave for additional 5 minutes.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake microwaved potatoes for about 20-30 minutes until they can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Once the chicken is done, shred finely with a fork.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half. Fork the potatoes to loosen up the insides. Top with shredded chicken, drizzle with ranch dressing, and top with green onions.
Many kids don’t love the spice of the buffalo sauce. A good option would be to throw a few chicken strips/nuggets into the air fryer or oven and serve those or plain chicken breast with sweet potatoes on the side.