Grilled California Chicken
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced (any tomato will work)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling optional
- 1 bag steamable peas (side)
In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6-8 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado, tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
If you don't have time to marinate for 30 minutes, you can skip that part. It will still be flavorful! You can also leave the balsamic glaze off of your kids chicken if they're picky.