Chicken and Potato Bake
50 - 60 Minutes
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium carrots
4 Tbsp white wine (or can use chicken broth/stock)
1 cup half and half
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked
3 cups baby spinach leaves
¾ lb baby new potatoes, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 bag steamable green beans (side)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions, garlic, and carrots and cook on medium heat, stirring regularly until the onion softens.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the cream and mustard and stir together. Heat through until almost boiling, then stir in both cheeses, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked chicken and spinach and heat through until the spinach wilts.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a large baking dish, then layer the potatoes on top, starting from the outside and working inwards. Once covered in the potato slices, brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are tender and golden brown.
This would be a great recipe to put together ahead of time and bake later!