Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 22 oz marinara/pasta sauce (I love Rao’s!)
- 1 ½ cups 2% reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 5 oz garlic croutons, roughly crushed, leaving some larger pieces
- 1 lb fresh green beans (side)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the cubed pieces of chicken across the bottom of the baking dish in a single layer. Sprinkle the minced garlic and basil evenly over the chicken. Spread the sauce evenly across the top. On top of the sauce layer, sprinkle ¾ cup of the Mozzarella and one ounce of the Parmesan evenly across the dish.
- Sprinkle the crushed croutons across the top and follow with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep through step 2 ahead of time for an easy, throw in the oven meal!