Chicken Philly Sandwiches
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
4 slices provolone cheese
4 hoagie rolls
Steam or Fresh carrots – side (roast or steam)
1. Place chicken and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Top with seasoning, sliced onions, and sliced peppers.
2. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees when the chicken is almost done.
4. Once fully cooked, use forks to pull apart and shred the chicken. Spoon prepared chicken onto hoagie rolls.
5. Top hoagies with cheese and place them on a baking sheet. Broil in the oven on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.