Chili Lime Chicken
- 1½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 medium (6-oz) chicken breasts
- ¼ c lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- thinly sliced jalapeños, to taste
- bag salad (side)
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon ziplock bag.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, and honey in a mixing cup or bowl; whisk until the honey is dissolved. Add the jalapeños (if desired), lime zest, garlic, chili powder, and salt and whisk once more. Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts; use your (clean) hands to massage the marinade into the chicken through the bag. Transfer the chicken to the fridge; marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Place the chicken on the grill; cook 5-6 minutes and baste with several times with the remaining marinade. Flip the chicken and grill 5-6 minutes more, or until an instant read thermometer registers 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and garnish with chopped cilantro and thinly sliced jalapeno if desired.
For a deeper flavor, marinate for up to 4 hours.