Easy Prep, Low Calorie, Spicy
Chipotle Honey Chicken Skewers
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (side)
- 4 small potatoes (sweet or white) for baked potato or grilled potatoes (side)
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Thread accordion style onto wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chili powder, chopped garlic, and salt. Spoon over skewers.
- Add skewers to a hot grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, basting with sauce and turning every few minutes.
- If you’re baking them, bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 18 minutes or until fully cooked.
Leave the sauce off for the kids if they don't like spice or use less chili powder!