Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta with Sausage & Spinach
2 cups of steamable (microwave) butternut squash
3/4 lb Italian sausage
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 oz baby spinach
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray, Add Italian sausage to skillet and crumble up well, cooking about 10 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet onto a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Microwave steamable bag of butternut squash. Remove from microwave and let cool.
- Begin boiling water for the pasta. Once boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente.
- To the same large skillet you cooked the sausage in, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, minced garlic and spinach over medium heat. Cook and stir occasionally for about 5-7 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Add half and half and bring to a boil then immediately reduce to a simmer. Add shredded parmesan cheese. Keep stirring the sauce on low to medium boil until the cheese is melted and then remove from heat.
- Add the drained pasta noodles to the sauce. Top with butternut squash. Serve warm and enjoy!
For crispier squash, roast 2 cups of cubed butternut squash in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.