Fish Taco Bowls
1 bag of steamable cauliflower rice
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lb cod
1 tsp paprika
¾ tsp sea salt, divided
½ tsp black pepper
1 ½ tsp cayenne or chili powder, divided
¼ tsp cumin
4-6 cups shredded purple cabbage
1 avocado, cubed
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
⅓ cup mayo
1 Tbsp coconut milk or heavy whipping cream
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp chipotle powder
1 jalapeno (optional)
1. Make the pico de gallo. Add tomatoes to a medium bowl. Add red onion, jalapeno (optional), ¼ cup cilantro, 2 Tbsp lime juice, and ¼ tsp sea salt. Stir using a fork until all ingredients are mixed.
2. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the pan and heat to high heat. Combine 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper, and ¼ tsp cayenne or chili powder and season cod evenly. Add the cod to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until the fish is no longer translucent and can be easily flaked with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower rice.
4. Next, create the chipotle lime dressing. Combine ⅓ cup mayo, 1 Tbsp coconut milk or whipping cream, remaining juice of the lime, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1 tsp chipotle powder. Whisk until combined.
5. Last, assemble the bowls and divide ingredients into 4 bowls. Layer cauliflower rice, cabbage, pico de gallo, avocado. Top with seasoned cod. Drizzle the chipotle lime dressing over the top. You can garnish with lime wedges, chopped cilantro, or jalapeno.