Low Calorie, Quick Meal
Garlic Butter Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 to 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine* or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, pounded chicken, evenly season with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Do not move the chicken while it is searing. After 5-6 minutes, flip chicken over. It should have a medium golden color. For thicker/bigger chicken breasts, sear for 7-8 minutes.
- Allow chicken to cook on the second side for about 5 minutes, or until done and cooked through.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spatula and place it on a plate to rest.
- Deglaze your skillet by adding wine or broth and allow the liquid to bubble up and steam for a few seconds.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt, about 1 minute; stir continuously until melted.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes; stir continuously.
- Turn the heat off, add the chicken back into the skillet, flip it around in the garlic butter sauce, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
For fewer calories and lower fat, don't use extra garlic butter left in the pan. Also make extra chicken to throw on a salad later in the week!