Greek Chicken Bowls
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 1-2 lemons)
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or garlic paste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium Persian cucumbers (regular cucumbers are fine)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 cups microwavable brown rice
- To a small mixing bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine well. Save 1/2 of the dressing (about 1/4 cup) in an airtight container to use later as a dressing.
- Add remainder of dressing to a large resealable plastic bag with chicken. Close bag and massage marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate for several hours if desired.
- Heat a large skillet over MED-HIGH heat and drizzle a bit of olive oil into the skillet. Pat chicken breasts with a paper towel to remove excess marinade and cook chicken, about 4-5 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate to rest while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Chop cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and olives and set aside.
- Divide rice evenly among 4 bowls.
- To each bowl, add some of the feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and olives. Add a dollop of hummus to the bowls and add 4 oz of chicken breast.
- Serve with whole grain pita or flatbread if desired.
Let your kids build their own bowls. These make great leftovers!