Grilled Peach Summer Salad
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 peaches, halved
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- basil, for garnish
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place chicken on grill grates and grill each side for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. (depending on thickness)
- Place peaches on grill grates flesh side down. Grill for 3-4 minutes, or until there are grill marks.
- Remove both chicken and peaches from grill and let rest.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add dressing ingredients. Whisk to mix everything together. Set aside.
- Assemble Salad: to a large bowl add spinach, blueberries, red onion, cheese, pecans. Slice chicken and peaches and top the salad. Serve with dressing on the side.
If your kids don't love salad, serve ingredients separately!