6 tbsp salted butter, softened
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
1 tbsp fresh minced dill weed
2 lbs salmon fillets with skin on
1 bundle of asparagus – side
1 pkg of instant brown rice – side
3-4 sweet potatoes – side
1. To make garlic herb butter, take butter out of the refrigerator and let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to soften.
2. Add butter to a mixing bowl and add pressed garlic and herbs. You can use a blender or mix it with a fork. Mix it until all ingredients are incorporated throughout the butter.
3. To make the salmon, preheat the grill or air fryer.
4. Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel.
5. Season each fillet with salt on all sides. Use most of the butter to coat each piece and set some aside to top off salmon after it is cooked.
6. Place each salmon fillet on the grill skin side up first. Close the lid and cook salmon for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Salmon will release once it’s cooked enough so don’t try to move it too soon. If making in the air fryer, cook at 390 degrees for about 14 minutes.
7. Flip each fillet using a fish spatula, close the grill, and let it cook another 4-6 minutes. A 1.5-2 inch fillet will take 8-10 minutes to cook.
8. You can also use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Top each piece of salmon with a tsp of herb butter while still hot.