Ground Beef Taco Salad
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup little tomatoes (grape or cherry, halved)
- 1/2 small red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (e.g. cheddar or Tex-Mex blend)
- 1 cup canned corn (drained)
- 1 cup black beans (drained)
- 1 avocado (sliced/chopped)
- 1 cup Doritos (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped – optional)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Add the ground beef and spices to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef until it’s browned and cooked through, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes). There should not be much (if any) fat to drain if you used lean ground beef. Just spoon the excess fat out if needed.
While the beef is cooking, start to prep your other salad ingredients, and make the dressing by mixing the sour cream and salsa together.
Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Once the beef is done, let it cool for a few minutes. Add the beef and Doritos to the salad last (so the Doritos don’t get soggy). Toss the salad with the dressing, season with salt & pepper as needed, and serve immediately.
You can use less doritos and cheese to make this salad lower calorie!