Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove minced
- ½ cup onions diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper diced
- 1½ cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Green onion for garnish
- 1 bag steamable cauliflower rice
- 1 bag salad mix – side
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the ground turkey and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the onions and yellow peppers, and cook until the onions are soft.
Add the sweet potato, salt, and pepper.
Cover the skillet, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potatoes faster.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
When the sweet potatoes are tender, add the shredded cheese, and put the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese.
When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with green onions if desired.
- Serve over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
If you like to meal prep, this makes for great lunches for the week!