Harvest Cobb Chicken Salad
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 5 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 apples sliced (I used granny smith and honey crisp)
- 1/2 butternut squash cubed and roasted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: 1 avocado sliced, 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 4-6 Whole wheat rolls – side
Honey Apple Cider Dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl add romaine lettuce and arugula. Add chicken, bacon, eggs, apples, butternut squash, and avocado. Toss to mix the ingredients. Top with candied walnuts and feta cheese.
To make the honey apple cider dressing: In a small bowl whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
This recipe is so flavorful without the eggs and avocado! Those two ingredients could be optional depending on preference!