Family-Friendly, Hannah Favorite
Healthier Hamburger Helper
2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
15 ounce can diced tomatoes
3 ½ cups beef broth
12 oz elbow macaroni
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 lb broccoli (side)
- Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the beef and cook until no longer pink. Remove any excess grease.
- Add in the salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, diced tomatoes, and broth and bring up to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the pasta to the pot and cook for as long as the package instruction states, stirring every few minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom.
- Once the pasta is cooked through, shut off the heat and add the cheese. Stir together, then let the pasta sit for 5 minutes while the sauce continues to thicken up. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve!
This makes enough for leftovers! You may want to add extra cheese when reheating.