Healthy Chicken Taco Casserole
- 4 packed cups shredded chicken (~2 pounds)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups diced bell peppers (I used red and yellow)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (8 oz)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 packed cup tortilla chips (1 ounce)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings – shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream/greek yogurt, cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Make your chicken mixture. Add chicken, beans, peppers, corn, salsa, greek yogurt, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper to a large bowl or your casserole dish and mix well to combine.
3. Bake. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes until veggies are softened. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle on top.
4. Enjoy! Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream/greek yogurt, and cilantro if desired. Cut into 6 equal-sized pieces and enjoy!
This is a great meal prep recipe! It's perfect for your weekday lunches!