Healthy Teriyaki Meatballs
- 2 lbs organic ground chicken (feel free to use whatever protein you prefer)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Primal Kitchen Foods no-soy teriyaki marinade)
- few shakes pink salt, ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup pure pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Toppings (if desired)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
Sides – roasted potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix all of the meatball ingredients together. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
With wet hands, roll mixture into 1.5-inch balls and place side by side on the baking sheet. You’ll have to be gentle when rolling and continue to wet hands to prevent sticking. Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat teriyaki sauce + pineapple juice in large skillet. Mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl until fully dissolved before adding to sauce.
Once boiling, bring down to simmer. Add meatballs once they’re done, toss in sauce & top with green onion + sesame seeds.
You may want to leave off the toppings on some to make them more kid friendly!