Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow pasta
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 box of corn bread mix – side
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and set to sauté function for 1 minute to allow oil to heat up. Add onion, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and salt and stir to combine. Set sauté function for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and set to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, kidney beans, elbow pasta and vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Secure lid onto Instant Pot and set to pressure cook/manual for 5 minutes.
- Use quick release valve to release steam.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and stir in cheeses until melted and combined.
Optional: serve with chopped cilantro and dollop of Greek yogurt.
This makes delicious leftovers for the week!