Light Chicken Enchiladas
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 Tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
1.5 cups tomato sauce
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp vegetable oil
9 oz cooked shredded chicken breast
1 cup diced onion
2 large garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup cilantro
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup chicken broth
½ cup tomato sauce
8- 7” low carb whole wheat flour tortillas
1 cup shredded low-fat Mexican cheese
Non-stick cooking spray
2 Tbsp chopped scallions
1 bag of frozen steamable broccoli
- 1. In a medium saucepan, spray oil and saute garlic. Add chipotle chilis, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 13×9” glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
- Place on a baking dish seam side down, top with sauce. Then top with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions if you wish.