Lighter Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~ 1 lb), cooked and cut into 2” pieces
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
3/4 box rotini pasta
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
½ cup 2% milk
½ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package. Save ½ cup pasta water then drain and set aside. Sprinkle some olive oil over noodles to prevent them from sticking together.
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Saute broccoli for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly and until soft. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth ½ cup at a time, making sure to remove all clumps. Once the chicken broth is added, mix in milk, greek yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- Turn down heat to a simmer (you don’t want greek yogurt to curdle), and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce, cooked chicken, and broccoli to the cooked pasta. Toss to coat entirely. If too thick, use the reserved pasta water to thin it out. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cover for two minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!