Lighter Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~ 1 lb), cooked and cut into 2” pieces
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
3/4 box rotini pasta
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
½ cup 2% milk
½ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package. Save ½ cup pasta water then drain and set aside. Sprinkle some olive oil over noodles to prevent them from sticking together.
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Saute broccoli for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly and until soft. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth ½ cup at a time, making sure to remove all clumps. Once the chicken broth is added, mix in milk, greek yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- Turn down heat to a simmer (you don’t want greek yogurt to curdle), and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce, cooked chicken, and broccoli to the cooked pasta. Toss to coat entirely. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cover for two minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!