Easy Prep, Family-Friendly
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 28 oz can San Marzano peeled tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 fresh basil leaves, whole or chopped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- coarse sea salt and olive oil
- Move oven rack to the bottom and preheat oven to 525 degrees. Heat pizza stone in the oven while it’s preheating to get it good and hot.
- To make the sauce, empty can of tomatoes into food processor. Add oil, garlic, sugar, and salt. Blend until mostly smooth but with some small chunks.
- Cube mozzarella. Gently remove any moisture with paper towel. Set aside.
- Remove stems off basil leaves. Chopped if desired or keep whole if preferred.
- Stretch pizza dough out into 4 individual pizzas or 2 – 12″ pizzas and place on hot pizza stone. Dough should be about 1/4″ thick.
- Add thin layer of pizza sauce to the dough then top with fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until crust is browned and crispy and cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Remove pizza off of pizza stone. Top with fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Cut and serve.
For the best homemade dough, check out my pizza dough recipe!