1.5 lbs lean ground beef
¼ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly whisked
¼ cup milk
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp grated yellow onion
⅛ cup finely chopped parsley
5 hoagie rolls
28 oz marinara sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 bag of salad (side)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the meat, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, milk, onion, and parsley. Use your hands to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Roll about 2 Tbsp of mixture for each ball. Place evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Once meatballs are cooked, place hoagie under the broiler until toasted. Remove from oven.
- Place cooked meatballs and sauce onto the bread and cover with mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted about 2 minutes. Top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.