Pesto Pasta With Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 16 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 cup basil pesto homemade or store bought
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil cut into thin strips
- Parmesan cheese optional
- 1 bag of steamable broccoli – side
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions.
Rinse and drain pasta and set aside.
Using a large bowl, mix together the pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined.
Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
You can also refrigerate and enjoy as a pasta salad!