Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
- 5 low carb tortillas, medium
- 1 lb deli roast beef, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 12 oz mushrooms, diced (optional)
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese (I used about 1.5 slices on each)
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 5 tsp mayo, optional
- 1 lb fresh green beans – side
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Once hot add the chopped meat. Season with salt and pepper and cook until meat is heated. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, dice the mushrooms, and peppers. Saute vegetables in the same skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil until tender. Add the beef back to the skillet with minced garlic, stir and cook until meat is reheated.
Spread mayo (if using) on the tortillas. Divide the filling between the tortillas, adding them to one side of the tortilla. Top the filling with sliced cheese and close the tortilla
Heat a skillet or griddle over med heat. For a crisper tortilla, spray the shell with cooking spray. Place the tortilla in the hot pan and saute until the cheese is melted and the outside is golden and crisp, flipping once. Slice and serve.