Family-Friendly, Quick Meal
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 4 low carb flour tortillas
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- Optional: cilantro, for garnish and avocado for topping
- 1 lb green beans (side)
Cut up the pork tenderloin into small bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
Add diced onions to the heated oil and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 15 seconds, or just until fragrant.
Add pork to the skillet; season with brown sugar, oregano, chili powder, and cumin. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
Stir in orange juice; continue to stir and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add lime juice and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove from heat. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust accordingly.
Fill taco shells and sprinkle pico de gallo on top.
Looking for a lower carb option? Serve over cauliflower rice or on top of lettuce!