Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos
- 1 can refried beans (can also make your own with black beans)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes (also peeled, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 6 low carb tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- toppings: chopped white or red onion, green onion, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 lime (using the juice only)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 bag salad – side
- Make the roasted sweet potatoes. Heat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, taco seasoning, and a pinch of salt and black pepper until combined. Spread the potatoes out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes — flipping once halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Make the yogurt topping. Mix Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt together until combined.
- Assemble the tacos. Once everything is cooked and ready to go, fill each tortilla with a scoop of refried beans, sweet potatoes, avocado, and any of your desired toppings.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This one may be a little adventurous for the kids so you can let them assemble their own tacos or eat the ingredients individually!