Easy Prep, Hannah Favorite
Salsa Fresca Chicken
- 4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb fresh green beans – side
- 4 whole wheat dinner rolls – side
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the chicken flat in a large baking dish and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Cover chicken with the pico and then top with cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve hot.
If your kids don't love pico de gallo, serve the pico on the side rather than topping on the chicken.