Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped thin
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 stalks of celery, chopped thin
3-5 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 cups of chicken broth (low sodium)
1 cup water
¾ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups uncooked, wide egg noodles
Toppings if desired: parmesan cheese, saltine crackers
- To a slow cooker, add chicken, diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic.
- Add in olive oil, chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes then dice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles to the slow cooker.
- Increase temperature to high, cover, and cook 10 minutes longer (or until noodles are tender).
- Add the cooked, cubed chicken back into the slow cooker. Stir and serve with saltine crackers or parmesan cheese if desired.