Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Chopped green onions (topping)
- 1 bag steamable cauliflower rice (side)
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, steamed or steam bag (side)
1.Place the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. In a medium mixing bowl or very large measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, garlic, and vinegar. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 4.5 hours until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
2. Remove the chicken to a plate and let cool slightly. Whisk the cornstarch into the slow cooker cooking liquid. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
3. Shred the chicken and place it back in the slow cooker. Stir to coat the chicken with the sauce.
4. Serve over cauliflower rice and sprinkle green onions on top.