Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
1 large spaghetti squash (~2 lbs)
1 ¼ tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
4 slices of bacon
2 tsp minced garlic
¼ cup chicken broth
2 egg yolks plus 1 whole egg
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 green onions
1 bag of steamable frozen green peas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and discard them.
3. Drizzle inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn face down on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
4. When squash is finished, take a fork to separate the strands from the inside of the squash.
3. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until it becomes crispy. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the broth and cook until the liquid has completely evaporated. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs together with the cheese. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
5. Combine the eggs with the bacon mixture, warming the eggs in the pan. (Don’t let eggs cook through).
6. Add the spaghetti squash and toss to thoroughly combine and until squash is heated through. Season if needed, garnish with green onion, and serve immediately.