Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 1 (12 oz) package jumbo pasta
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (24 oz) jar of marinara
- 1 bag salad mix -side
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch dish with cooking spray. Pour half of the marinara sauce into the bottom of the dish. Save the rest of the sauce for later.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Squeeze all of the liquid out of the spinach using paper towels or a dish towel. Place spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ricotta, 1.5 cups of the mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, basil, salt, and garlic powder to the bowl with the spinach and stir well. Stuff each shell with about 2 Tablespoons of the spinach mixture.
- Arrange stuffed shells in the prepared baking dish, open side up. Pour remaining half of the marinara sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove the foil cover during the final 5-10 minutes to allow cheese to brown.
Prep these ahead of time through step 5 then place in fridge until ready to bake. You can also freeze this meal before baking and then bake for 50-60 minutes.