Stuffed Lasagna Shells
1 box jumbo shells
1 lb lean ground beef
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1.5 cups baby spinach
16 oz tomato sauce
6 oz tomato paste
14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
½ cup water
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 lb fresh green beans – side
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef and season with salt and pepper. When cooked and no longer pink, remove the grease. Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook jumbo shells according to the package until al dente. Drain from water and layout on a large baking sheet to cool to prevent them from sticking together.
- While shells are cooking, add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning to beef. Stir and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Taste sauce and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of a 9×13” pan. Stuff each cooked shell with a small spoonful of ricotta mixture, then a spoonful of meat mixture and set them face up in a large baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining red sauce over the top of all of the stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.