Taco Mac & Cheese
1 lb lean ground beef
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
16 oz jar salsa
12 oz pasta noodles
1.5 cups shredded cheddar
1 lb fresh or frozen broccoli – side
- Cook pasta until al dente. While cooking the pasta, brown the meat over medium heat. Mix in seasonings and cook for another minute.
- Pour salsa in with the meat and cook another few minutes.
- Drain the pasta. Mix pasta in with meat and add the cheese. Stir well.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish (I use a 2.5 quart corning ware dish) and top with a little extra cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes.
- Optional: Top with shredded lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, & sour cream if desired.
This is a great make ahead dish. Put it together through step 4 and place in the fridge for an easy bake later!