Tex Mex Chicken & Zucchini
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 large zucchini diced
- 2 medium bell peppers chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 14 oz can low sodium black beans drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can low sodium diced tomatoes not drained
- 1 tsp store bought or homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin divided
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Tex Mex or Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Preheat large skillet on low – medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, taco seasoning and remaining cumin. Stir, cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with green onion and cilantro.
Serve hot, on its own or with brown rice/quinoa. Feel free to add sour cream, and cilantro after the cheese has melted. Optional: top with crushed tortilla chips.
You can use this recipe as the filling for a wrap! Just add your favorite tortillas!