Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1 white onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cilantro
- 6 tortillas (flour or corn)
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 1-2 cans of chickpeas – side
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice the onion. Slice the bell peppers. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Chop the mushroom into bite-sized pieces. Add the veggies to a big bowl and toss them with the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add the vegetables in a single layer. Roast 15 minutes, then remove the sheets, stir the veggies, and sprinkle on another ½ teaspoon salt spread between the trays (¼ teaspoon on each). Stir again, then return to the oven and roast another 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
- Heat the refried beans in a small sauce pan.
- If desired, char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm. (See How to Warm Tortillas.)
- To serve, place the refried beans and roasted veggies in tortillas, and top with guac.
You will need a high protein side like chickpeas, beans, or tofu! Prefer meat? Add chicken or steak to these!