Vegetarian Baked Ziti
- 8-10 oz ziti
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
- 1 bag salad mix – side
- Add the pasta noodles to a large pot according to package directions. While the pasta cooks prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and let cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and mix together. Then lower the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked ziti noodles to the pot of tomato sauce and mix together.
- To make the ricotta mixture, mix the ricotta, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl to combine.
- To assemble the baked ziti, start by layering the pasta in a 9×13 baking tray, followed by dollops of the ricotta filling. Add more pasta on top then top it all off with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with more fresh basil and serve immediately.
You can add vegetables to this if you'd like! Cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, and egg plant would make great additions!