Vegetarian Ravioli Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3-4 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 TBSP avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste (I added 1/4 tsp of each)
- 9-10 oz mini refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 cups fresh chopped baby spinach
- Peel and finely dice carrots and onion. The smaller the dice the faster they’ll cook. Peel 4 cloves of fresh garlic and finely mince.
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrots. Sauté until tender (approx. 6 minutes). Then add garlic and Italian seasoning and saute an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Add 3 cups of veggie stock and crushed tomatoes. Stir well to combine. Bring soup to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to low/simmer to allow the flavors to mingle and the carrots/onion to fully soften. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Once the veggies have reached your ideal tenderness, bring the soup back up to a medium simmer and add your fresh mini ravioli.
- Allow the ravioli to simmer approx. 5 minutes until fully cooked and softened.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Lastly chop your spinach and stir into the hot soup to wilt the greens. Give it a taste and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Like a little extra on top? Add freshly grated parmesan cheese or basil!